† The CIBC Investor’s Edge® Free Online Trading for Young Investors Offer (the “Offer”) begins May 10, 2022 and makes all clients aged 18–24 who have CIBC Smart™ Start with their deposit account and a CIBC Investor’s Edge account eligible to receive:
Unlimited commission-free trading for North American online equity and ETF trades in an eligible CIBC Investor’s Edge account, and a waiver of annual account administration fees, until the last day in the year that the client reaches age 24 (the “Free Trading Period”).
1. Applicable annual administration fees on registered and non-registered accounts will be waived during the Free Trading Period.
2. The CIBC Investor’s Edge account types eligible for the Offer are as follows, with no minimum account balance required:
• Investment account — individual
• Retirement Savings Plan (RSP) account — individual
• Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)
3. After the Free Trading Period ends, the CIBC Smart Start benefits end, or the client otherwise no longer qualifies for the Offer, clients will be charged regular pricing.
4. The Offer is non-transferable. The Offer may not be combined with other CIBC Investor’s Edge promotional offers. For full offer details, review the Terms and Conditions (PDF, 70 KB) Opens in a new window. CIBC Investor’s Edge is a division of CIBC Investor Services Inc. and a subsidiary of CIBC
1 A transaction includes cheques, withdrawals, transfers, pre-authorized payments, bill payments (including CIBC Credit Cards and CIBC Personal Lines of Credit) and debit purchases. For CIBC eAdvantage Savings Accounts, a transaction does not include transfers to your other CIBC personal bank account(s) and to your CIBC Personal Line(s) of Credit (except Interac e-Transfer service which will be treated as a transaction) and transfers to your CIBC Credit Card account(s). For all accounts, transfers to CIBC-branded loans (excluding CIBC Personal Lines of Credit), mortgages and investments (registered and non-registered) are free. “CIBC-branded” means any brand that has CIBC in its name. Other fees (in addition to any transaction fee) include: withdrawals from non-CIBC bank machines (for CIBC Smart Plus Accounts, the fee for all non-CIBC ATM withdrawals in Canada, the U.S. and internationally is rebated each month; for CIBC Smart Accounts and for clients enrolled in CIBC Smart Start or CIBC Smart for Students, the fee for 1 non-CIBC ATM withdrawal made in Canada is rebated each month), Interac e-Transfer® transactions (the Interac e-Transfer fee is waived for CIBC Smart Accounts, CIBC Smart Plus Accounts and for clients who are enrolled in CIBC Smart Start, CIBC Premium Growth Account with CIBC Advantage for Youth, CIBC Smart for Students, and CIBC Advantage for Students on the CIBC Everyday Chequing Account; clients 65 years of age and older do not pay the Interac e-Transfer fee on any CIBC chequing account) and foreign currency transactions (including cheques written in currencies other than the account currency).