CIBC Investor's Edge provides you with in-depth mutual fund tools and resources, designed to help you independently analyze and select mutual funds for your portfolio.
Before selecting a mutual fund, consider the following:
Your investment objectives (short- or long-term)
Your tolerance for risk
Your investment time horizon
Our Case Studies and Asset Allocation tool can help determine your investor profile. You can also use our mutual fund screening tools and Lipper rankings to select specific mutual funds that meet all of your investment objectives.
To place a mutual fund trade, select Trading from the left-hand menu and select Trade Mutual Funds.
You can also place a mutual fund trade directly from Account Holdings and My Quotes List and from your Watch List.
1. Enter the mutual fund symbol you want to buy, sell or switch. If you want to purchase units of a mutual fund you already own, select Buy More of Holdings and choose the applicable mutual fund from the drop-down menu.
If you don't know the mutual fund symbol, you can look it up using the Mutual Fund Search link.
You can get a quote for the mutual fund by clicking on the Get Quote button. The quote will populate on the right-hand side of the page.
2. Enter either the dollar amount or number of units you want to buy and choose how you want to treat any distributions that may be issued by the mutual fund.
You can choose to reinvest distributions in units of the mutual fund or receive distributions in cash, deposited to your CIBC Investor's Edge account.
3. If you have related your bank account with your CIBC Investor's Edge account, you can choose to pay from or pay to either account. Otherwise, payment will come from your CIBC Investor's Edge account.
A list of available accounts is displayed in the Pay From and Pay To drop-down menu.
4. Once you've completed your order and reviewed all of your entries, click Next.
1. Before submitting your order for processing, all details of the mutual fund trade, including an estimate of the total cost of the trade, are displayed for review.
You will only receive an estimate of the value of your trade as mutual funds are priced at the end of the trading day. The final value of the trade will be determined once the mutual fund is priced at market close.
2. Once you have confirmed all the details of your trade, enter your trading password and select Submit Order.
You can save your trading password for the current session if you are planning on making multiple trades.
After submitting your order, you will receive confirmation that your order was successfully submitted, along with an order tracking number for your reference. You may wish to print this page for your records.
You should also verify the status of your order on the Order Status page.
Initially, your orders will show as "Pending." Once reviewed by Investor's Edge, the status will change to "Acknowledged," and once the order has been filled, it will read "Contracted."
NOTE: The standard settlement period for mutual fund trades is the transaction date plus two business days (T+2). The settlement period for money market funds is the transaction date plus one business day (T+1).
You can view your recent orders, including orders submitted today. Additional details are available for any orders that have been rejected or filled.
You can also place mutual fund trades by establishing a Regular Investment Plan, which allows you to buy or sell a specified dollar amount of mutual fund units at a selected frequency. From Trading in the left-hand menu, select Regular Investment Plan.
For more information about placing mutual fund trades, please contact a CIBC Investor's Edge Investment Representative.