Equities have historically provided the opportunity for higher return with a higher risk, versus fixed income and cash or cash equivalent investments.
Learn more about:
- Equities - Back to Basics
- Equities - The Superior Long-term Investment
- Going Global - Investing in Foreign Equities
- Growth Stocks
- Value Stocks
- Equity Investment Strategies
- The ABCs of IPOs
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the advantages of owning stocks?
- What is a price-earnings ratio?
- Can you explain what dividend yield means?
- How does diversification reduce risk?
- What factors affect the performance of international stocks?
The information contained herein is considered accurate at the time of posting. CIBC, CIBC World Markets Inc. and CIBC Investor Services Inc. reserve the right to change any of it without prior notice. It is for general information purposes only. Clients are advised to seek advice regarding their particular circumstances from their personal tax advisors.
CIBC Investor's Edge is the discount brokerage division of CIBC Investor Services Inc., member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund. CIBC Investor Services Inc. does not provide you with any legal, tax, or accounting advice or advice regarding the suitability or profitability of a security or investment in a CIBC Investor's Edge account. You assume full responsibility for transactions in your CIBC Investor's Edge account and for your investment decisions.
The information on this Web site is general only; it is not intended as specific investment, financial, accounting, legal or tax advice for any individual, and you should not rely on it as such.