Accessibility Quick Links
Learn Stock and Trading Tutorials
Ready to place a mutual fund trade and build your portfolio? We'll take you through the process, step by step.
Placing a mutual fund trade
- You can also place a trade directly from "Account Holdings" through the ellipses menu, or from "My Watch Lists" in “Quotes and Research” .
- Take advantage of the wide range of resources available to help you select the mutual funds that meet your investment objectives. Visit the "Fund Centre" in "Quotes and Research."
- Select “Mutual fund symbol search” to find your symbol for “Buy” or “Switch to” trades.
- If you select "Get quote," the quote will populate on the page for buy and sell orders.
- This step only applies to “Buy” and “Buy more of holdings” orders.
- The final cost of the trade will be determined once the mutual fund is priced at the end of the trading day if you are trading by number of units.
- Planning on making multiple trades? Save your trading password for the current session.
- Select "Regular Investment Plan" from the “Trading” menu to make investing easy.
Confirm the status of your order
- Select “Trade fill alerts” to subscribe for and receive email notifications once your trade order is filled.
- Your orders will show as pending. Once reviewed by Investor’s Edge, the status will change to acknowledged, and once the order has been filled, it will show as contracted.
- The standard settlement period for most mutual fund trades is the transaction date plus 2 business days (T+2). The settlement period for money market and equivalent mutual fund trades is the transaction date plus one business day (T+1).