Stock and Trading Tutorials
Interested in adding bonds, GICs and fixed income investments to your portfolio? We'll guide you through the steps to buy and sell fixed income securities.
- Not all fixed income securities offered by Investor’s Edge are available online. If you can’t find the specific investment you’re interested in, contact us Opens in a new window..
- Select information icons for more details.
- If you're trading in the US market but choose to pay from the Canadian dollar component of your brokerage account, foreign exchange rates will apply.
- Estimated proceeds include the commission.
Confirm the status of your order
- Select “Trade fill alerts” to subscribe for and receive email notifications once your trade order is filled
- The standard settlement periods are:
- Federal Government Bonds (less than 3 years): Transaction date + 2 business days (T+2)
- Federal Government Bonds (more than 3 years): Transaction date + 2 business days (T+2)
- Provincial/Municipal/Corporate bonds: Transaction date + 2 business days (T+2)
- GICs: Transaction date + one business day (T+1)